We are an independent, locally owned pharmacy founded in 2008.
We dispense and supply prescription and unscheduled pharmacy related goods to the Central West Queensland catchment.
We stock a wide range of products, including the unusual pharmacy range of ammunition.
We have a courier that allows us to provide remote supply to the neighbouring rural towns of Blackall and Tambo, and have a growing demand for this service.
We employ local people of Barcaldine, and have three full time and 5 permanent part time staff members as part of our fantastic team.
We aim to provide outstanding customer service and convenience to our customers by providing a holistic approach to patient healthcare.
Our proprietors are Frank Pappalardo, Emily Larcombe and Robert Knights.
We are an accredited pharmacy for the Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s Quality Care Pharmacy Program.
QCPP is a quality assurance program for community pharmacies that ensures that pharmacies are able to provide:
1. A higher level of professional and customer service;
2. Assurance that the pharmacy conforms to industry and professional standard;
3. Confidence that the pharmacy has mechanisms in place to identify and eradicate any customer issues or problems;
4. Confidence that pharmacy staff are trained to refer the best level of assistance, and that they will not provide advice in areas outside their area of responsibility; and
5. The pharmacy team is dedicated to meeting customers’ health care needs and providing excellent customer care.
To ensure that pharmacies meet the Australian Standard they must undergo an external audit every two years. These audits are conducted by QCPP Endorsed Assessors and are designed to protect the integrity of the program. The assessors are trained professionals with experience in performing on-site audits over a broad range of management systems including health and safety, quality, environment, financial, human resources, energy and water management systems.
NDSS Access Point
We are an accredited pharmacy for the supply of the National Diabetes Service Scheme (NDSS)
The NDSS has an established network of state and territory NDSS Agents to assist in the delivery of the NDSS. NDSS Access Points assist in delivering NDSS products and are located in all states and territories. Access points are mainly located in community pharmacies.