COMBANTRINÂ® treats threadworms, as well as the rare worms, roundworm and hookworm, in a single dose.
If you suspect roundworm or hookworm infection, you should seek medical advice.COMBANTRINÂ® Chocolate Squares is:Australiaâ€™s #1 selling worm treatment.*How does COMBANTRINÂ® Chocolate Squares work?Pyrantel Embonate is the active ingredient in COMBANTRINÂ®Pyrantel Embonate works as a â€˜neuro-muscular blocking agentâ€™, effectively paralysing the worms inside the bodyThis allows them to be passed out of the body with a bowel movement*Aztec Pharmacy data MAT to January 2016Directions:Read the dosage chart below to calculate required number of squares per person.
One 100mg square for every 10kg of body weight (equivalent to 10mg pyrantel per 1kg).Take a single dose, after food.As threadworm is highly contagious, it is important to treat ALL the family, including mum and dad.#All human worming products will treat only adult worms present in the intestine at the time of taking the medication.
They will not treat the eggs or immature worms and will not protect you or your children from contracting threadworms if they are exposed to them again.
So it's advisable to check roughly 2-4 weeks after the initial dose to ensure a second dose is not required if symptoms persist/reinfestation occurs.Dosage Chart:APPROX AGE*WEIGHT RANGE No.
OF SQUARESBelow 1 YearConsult your doctor1-5 Years10-25 kg1-26-10 Years10-25 kg3-411-13 Years10-25 kg514-18 Years10-25 kg6AdultsOver 70kg7*Approx age is only a guideDiscard unused portion of opened sachets.The appearance of this product may alter slightly with storage but this does not affect the quality or effectiveness of the product.Ingredients:
- Active ingredient: Pyrantel Embonate equivalent to 100mg Pyrantel
- Also contains: Milk chocolate, milk protein, lactose, sucrose, soy.
May contain traces of nuts
- Free of: Gluten and artificial coloursWarning:Keep out of reach of childrenDo not use if:
- Foil sachet is torn or damaged
- You have acute liver diseaseAsk your doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- Are pregnant
- Wish to treat a child under 1 year of ageSide effects are unusual, however some people may experience nausea and very rarely, vomiting.
This is usually short term and no treatment is required.
Please note that product image may differ to product available in store.